[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Evergreen 1.4 install problems after running staff client

Jason Etheridge jason at esilibrary.com
Thu Nov 13 22:12:41 EST 2008

> I seem to remember a recommendation to use the individual commands instead
> of the start_all command, to avoid a race condition where services would
> start before their prequesites. In other words, at start up, run

This should no longer be an issue starting with 1.4

>> It seems that there may be a deeper problem here since I think Evergreen
>> should start correctly at reboot, but this is a fix to get over this
>> error.

If Evergreen didn't get a chance to shutdown gracefully, it probably
left around files referencing PID's, etc., and that might affect it
when you try to start it back up.

So after a reboot or some such, try restart_all as opposed to start_all.

--
Jason Etheridge