[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Evergreen 1.4 install problems after running staff client

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 22:18:37 EST 2008

2008/11/13 Jason Etheridge <jason at esilibrary.com>:
>> I seem to remember a recommendation to use the individual commands instead
>> of the start_all command, to avoid a race condition where services would
>> start before their prequesites. In other words, at start up, run
>
> This should no longer be an issue starting with 1.4
>
>>> It seems that there may be a deeper problem here since I think Evergreen
>>> should start correctly at reboot, but this is a fix to get over this
>>> error.
>
> If Evergreen didn't get a chance to shutdown gracefully, it probably
> left around files referencing PID's, etc., and that might affect it
> when you try to start it back up.
>
> So after a reboot or some such, try restart_all as opposed to start_all.

And possibly put that into /etc/rc.local or the equivalent, because it
sounds like you're expecting the services to automatically start on
boot.

There was some talk about writing init scripts back in July -
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.education.libraries.open-ils.devel/1882/match=init+scripts
and before that in January -
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.education.libraries.open-ils.devel/801/match=init+scripts
- but I don't think any code ever came out of those discussions.

--
Dan Scott
Laurentian University