[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] 1.4 RC1 - config.cgi

Warren Layton warren.layton at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 21:52:56 EDT 2008

I'm trying to run cgi-bin/config.cgi from my browser but I keep
getting "500 Internal Server Error". When this error occurs, the
following message is appended to my Apache 2 error log:

      [Tue Oct 21 21:45:31 2008] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] Premature
end of script headers: config.cgi

This is likely my fault and I'm assuming that I have misconfigured my
<Directory> section in /etc/apache2/sites-available/eg.conf. For
testing, I tried to "Allow from all":

 Alias /cgi-bin/ "/openils/var/cgi-bin/"
 <Directory "/openils/var/cgi-bin">
         AddHandler cgi-script .cgi .pl
         AllowOverride None
         Options FollowSymLinks ExecCGI Indexes
         Order allow,deny
         Allow from all
 </Directory>

...but I still get the same error.

Likely a silly misconfiguration of my own making, but just in case...

Cheers,
  Warren