[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Acquisitions receiving workflows -- examples needed

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 10:04:39 EDT 2009

2009/4/16 Karen Schneider <kgs at esilibrary.com>:
> Hi folks, as the acquisitions systems development progresses, we have a need
> for input on receiving workflows from a variety of libraries. If you would
> be willing to spare a few minutes talking to an Evergreen developer about
> your receiving workflow, drop me a note.

As an example drawn from real life, here's a receiving workflow for monographs:

http://open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=acq:scenarios:receiving_monographs

Understanding how people are currently working, and why, along with
some ideas about how they would improve their receiving workflow if
their software wasn't limiting them, are the really important parts.

For example, mapping the above workflow to Evergreen, we would use
statuses rather than locations; but the "why" remains important. As an
example of the "why", we need to rush certain items or ensure that
they go directly to a particular patron when the items are received;
we currently use notes for that but maybe there are better methods
like a generic "Priority" flag or a hold placed on the on-order item
for the patron.

--
Dan Scott
Laurentian University