[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Questions about your software

Jason Etheridge jason at esilibrary.com
Wed Dec 23 12:30:47 EST 2009

Hi Armando,

> first of all, can it be translated/used in Spanish?

A translation is possible, but hasn't been completed yet.

If you'd like to help, please visit
https://translations.launchpad.net/evergreen/trunk/+lang/es

You'll need a Launchpad account to provide translations, but it's free
to register.  You'll need to allow your translations to be BSD
licensed for all projects that use Launchpad.

> can records from WIN ISIS be transferred to your software?

I'm not familiar WIN ISIS, but in general, MARC records are relatively
easy to transfer between ILS's, and holdings less so.  Patrons,
circulation records, hold requests, billing records, and any sort of
historical transaction data could potentially take a lot of work,
given the lack of widespread standards for those things.

--
Jason Etheridge
 | VP, Tactical Development
 | phone:  1-877-OPEN-ILS (673-6457)
 | email:  jason at esilibrary.com
 | web:  http://www.esilibrary.com

Please come by and visit the Equinox team
and learn more about Evergreen
ALA MidWinter
January 15-18, 2010
booth # 2064