[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Is there a dress code for the Evergreen conference?

Karen Schneider kgs at esilibrary.com
Fri Mar 6 12:24:46 EST 2009

This is one of those posts where someone in the next room said to me,
"You snorted!!"

SOLINET has kindly provided our conference registration tool, which
has had some small unintended consequences.

David, you don't have to wear a dress. On the other hand, if you want
to wear one, that's fine too. I would recommend a lightweight dress,
with maybe a sweater for cool conference rooms, and flats.

This is Evergreen International, and what's right for you is ok by the
community. Now, having said that, I typically telework in a robe and
fuzzy slippers, and I'm not getting THAT comfortable. But if you're
comfortable in a suit... a dress... slacks... heck, a robe... we're
comfortable too. That includes religious garments, etc.

I am redoing the conference wiki in a big way, and will add a dress
code. New link to follow. (I think it will say: Wear clothes. Yes,
this is an open source conference... just not THAT open...)