[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Z39.50 and UNICODE support

Jason Etheridge jason at esilibrary.com
Wed May 6 08:49:15 EDT 2009

> When downloading my book (using ISBN) from the Library of Congress and
> ArmUniCat, then in the 'Results' window LoC record is displayed in a normal
> way (cataloging is done using Latin script), but for the record from
> ArmUniCat Author and title fields are blank (cataloging is done in
> Armenian). See Z39.50-3.jpg file.

Hi Tigran,

Are there any other z-sources you can try for the non-latin records
for comparison?  Is ArmUniCat a free/public service we could try
ourselves?  Could you share the configuration information for it?
Does it have a web catalog as well?

Also, could you show us what the MARC View button from the Z39.50
interface shows for the problem record?  One of the screenshots shows
a Results View button when I would expect it to be a MARC View button
at that point in time, so I wonder if there's an incidental bug
happening too.

--
Jason Etheridge