[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Autogen Error during Installation

Lakes, Daniel James Harvey djlakes at bsu.edu
Thu Sep 10 10:02:00 EDT 2009

Hey everyone,

I'm a toddler in regard to Linux, so if any of this is a little dense or painfully obvious to most, I apologize.  Anyhow, I'm currently hung up on the installation process for Evergreen.  I'm currently at Step 11.4.3. as follows:
"As the opensrf user, generate the Web files needed by the staff client and catalogue and update the organization unit proximity (you need to do this each time you change the library hierarchy in config.cgi):
 cd /openils/bin
 ./autogen.sh -c /openils/conf/opensrf_core.xml -u"

And receive the following information when executing those commands:

Updating fieldmapper
Updating web_fieldmapper
Updating OrgTree
cp: cannot stat `/openils/var/web/opac/common/js//en-US/OrgTree.js': No such file or directory
Updating OrgTree HTML
Updating locales selection HTML
Updating Search Groups
Can't call method "content" on an undefined value at /openils/lib/perl5/OpenILS/Utils/CStoreEditor.pm line 324.
Refreshing proximity of org units
Successfully updated the organization proximity
Done

I have checked for /openils/var/.../OrgTree.js, and in fact none exists.

Up to now, I've been following the installation instructions with very few snags.  The exception being the bug mentioned here:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/perl/+bug/303765

To troubleshoot, so far I've looked through here:  http://www.open-ils.org/irc_logs/openils-evergreen/2009-06/%23openils-evergreen.11-Thu-2009.log

and here:  http://list.georgialibraries.org/pipermail/open-ils-dev/2009-April/004520.html

The only thing I've noticed so far is that when executing the following:

"2009-06-11T10:51:25  <berick> oh.  can you:  request open-ils.cstore open-ils.cstore.direct.actor.user.retrieve 1"

I get the following error:

"bash: request: command not found"

I've tried tackling it for long enough that I figured it was time to bring it to the public.  Anyone have any ideas?  I'm spent.

Daniel

P.S.  If this should be in another list, such as the technical list, please let me know and I'll move it to the appropriate list.  Thanks!