[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Problem with Renewing items from Patron Accounts

Jason Etheridge jason at esilibrary.com
Wed Apr 14 10:03:52 EDT 2010

> Students have reported and we've tested and confirmed, that when they attempt to
> renew a book from their account, they get the message that no renewals are
> allowed because the book is needed for a hold.  When staff check, there are
> no holds on the item(s) and they can do the renewal(s) from the client.

How are you testing and confirming this?  For a pristine test (on a
production system)
I'd be tempted to make a "gobbleygook" bib record (and item) that no
one would ever
search for on purpose, and try an experiment against it, to help rule
out other variables
that may be influencing things.

--
Jason Etheridge
 | VP, Tactical Development
 | phone:  1-877-OPEN-ILS (673-6457)
 | email:  jason at esilibrary.com
 | web:  http://www.esilibrary.com

Please join us for the Evergreen 2010 International Conference!
It is being held April 20 - 23, 2010 at the Amway Grand Hotel and
Convention Center, Grand Rapids, Michigan.
http://www.evergreen2010.org/