[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] patron self-serve holds pick up

Melissa Lowenberg mlowenberg at tnrdlib.bc.ca
Thu Apr 15 14:52:18 EDT 2010

Hi all,
I'm wondering if any site has patron self-serve holds and how you use
Evergreen to help?

For example, at check-in, are you printing a slip with 3 letters of
patron surname and last 4 digits of patron barcode? Have you built a
workaround like cutting and pasting into a Word document and printing?
Or some other little tool? Are you able to print to a thermal printer?

Not all of our libraries use self-serve so we cannot edit the holds slip
database wide.

Thanks in advance for sharing your suggestions!
Melissa

--
Melissa Lowenberg, Supervisor of Support Services

TNRD Library System
#300-465 Victoria Street
Kamloops, BC V2C 2A9
Tel. 250-374-8866 Fax 250-374-8355