[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] patron self-serve holds pick up

Bill Ott bott at grpl.org
Thu Apr 15 15:01:48 EDT 2010

Melissa Lowenberg said the following on 04/15/2010 02:52 PM:
> Hi all,
> I'm wondering if any site has patron self-serve holds and how you use
> Evergreen to help?
>
> For example, at check-in, are you printing a slip with 3 letters of
> patron surname and last 4 digits of patron barcode? Have you built a
> workaround like cutting and pasting into a Word document and printing?
> Or some other little tool? Are you able to print to a thermal printer?

We've done so by editing the code that creates the hold slip right in
xul/server/circ/util.js.  We chop out most of the data and just print
portions of the name on the slip, increasing the font size to something
like 16pt.

> Not all of our libraries use self-serve so we cannot edit the holds
> slip database wide.

Neither do ours, so we wrap these changes in a big IF statement to only
make the edits for the desired pickup locations.