[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Aged Circulation?

Martha Driscoll driscoll at noblenet.org
Fri Dec 3 10:53:45 EST 2010

If the aged_circulation table preserved the user statistical category
and the copy statistical category then you would be less likely to keep
the transactions over time and would therefore increase patron privacy.

In our current system we use patron stat_cats for things like college
major, faculty status (full time, part time), student status (commuter,
resident), section of town for public patrons -- asically anything our
libraries decide is important to count.  We want to continue to query
that information for statistical purposes, but don't want to maintain
the history of an actual transaction which identifies patrons with
historical checkouts.

It's true that staff could put identifiable information in a free-text
stat cat, but I don't think that would be the norm.

--
Martha Driscoll
Systems Manager