[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Hello!

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Wed Dec 15 16:42:51 EST 2010

On 15 December 2010 14:47, Ben Shum <bshum at biblio.org> wrote:
> Hi Jose,
>
> One of our libraries had someone willing to translate Evergreen into
> Spanish.  Because they only wanted to focus on OPAC translation to give
> patrons a Spanish version of the OPAC, we gave them a copy of the opac.dtd
> file from /openils/var/web/opac/locale/es-ES to work with.  Once we get this
> file back, we're going to contribute its contents back to the Evergreen
> community.  We're unsure if that'll mean we have to copy/paste contents back
> to Launchpad's translations or something...

Hmm. How do you plan to merge that translation with the almost 60% of
opac.dtd that has already been translated, according to
https://translations.launchpad.net/evergreen/2.0/+lang/es ? Or was the
copy of es-ES/opac.dtd that you sent to them from later than
2010-09-28?

The nice thing about translating directly via an online service is
that you can coordinate efforts to divide and conquer and not step on
one another's toes too much. It's definitely good to be talking about
these efforts on the list, hopefully we can still manage that
coordination.

Dan