[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Permissions wrong?

Victoria Bush vbush at ilstu.edu
Tue Jan 26 17:23:56 EST 2010

Thanks, Jason. That did the trick!

A few web pages at the open-ils wiki have some information, but they don't seem to explain the intricacies of the various permission settings.

Example: http://evergreen-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=evergreen-admin:policies:usergroups&s[]=permissions

doesn't explain what is meant by "depth" (am I setting the highest depth or lowest depth?), how group_application.user differs from group_application.user.patron (using Jason's two settings below), etc.

Example: http://evergreen-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=evergreen-user:permission_list&s[]=permissions

does explain in short descriptors the various permissions, but doesn't give what the defaults are--i.e. which class has that setting.

Sorry, I know the documentation group is working on a lot of stuff right now; but I'm always a fan of more information.

-Vicki

--
Victoria Bush
Opscan Evaluation Manager