[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Permissions wrong?

Dan Wells dbw2 at calvin.edu
Thu Jan 28 09:54:18 EST 2010

Hello all,

I fully agree that "depth" as it is used in the permission setup is not a clear word choice.  It gives the impression of working down, that is, the "deeper" you set it, the greater your permissions, and this is not the case.  If it is still possible and not horribly difficult to change this, I think "breadth" is a better word choice and easier to understand, as it seems clear that a permission breadth of 'Consortium' provides greater abilities than a breadth of 'Library', or something similar.

My two cents,
Dan

Daniel Wells, Library Programmer Analyst dbw2 at calvin.edu
Hekman Library at Calvin College