[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Claims not checked out

Deanna Frazee dfrazee at ci.killeen.tx.us
Mon Jul 12 13:04:08 EDT 2010

On our old ILS, "claims returned" was an item status that came with the
system.  We added one called "claims not checked out" for those times
when a patron could convince us that they had an item on their account
that they were certain they had not checked out.  When it happened, it
was often that a clerk failed to clear the screen before checking out
the next patron.

Evergreen does not handle "claims returned" as a status, so I "claims
not checkout out" may not work as a status either.  How are other
libraries handling it?  Any suggestions?

TIA,

Deanna

Deanna Frazee

Director of Library Services