[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Evergreen Reports Module

George Tuttle gtuttle at prlib.org
Mon Mar 1 16:05:33 EST 2010

A repository of reports sounds good as long as it didn't end up a dumping
ground of good templates mixed with bad, especially those bad templates that
look good.

Testing reports and documenting their accuracy is highly time-consuming. I
hate creating new reports because the next thing I have to do is create a
2nd report to verify the accuracy of the 1st report.

And speaking of populating copy buckets -- though I can import notepad files
of barcodes into Evergreen, files larger than a 100 barcodes tend to result
in "white screening" and Staff/Client slows to a crawl. We need a status
conversion interface so we could set when missing items get converted to
discard/weed and set schedules when certain statuses get converted
automatically. Missing and Overdue Transits, especially. But old In Process
and Damaged items too

George Tuttle
Computer Services Librarian
Piedmont Regional Library System