[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Evergreen Authentication

James Wagner wagner at lincoln.library.on.ca
Tue Mar 30 14:04:25 EDT 2010

I have installed OpenSRF 1.2.2 and Evergreen 1.6.0.2 on a Ubuntu
Intrepid (8.10) server that is connected to the internet through our
network switch. I can get the internal IP address (10.0.55.203) of the
Evergreen server and can access the Evergreen server from another
computer inside the library.

Jason wrote:

> Prototype mismatch: sub main::_LONG_MAX__() vs none at

> /usr/lib/perl/5.10/_h2ph_pre.ph line 291.

James,

I believe this is harmless. Are you using Ubuntu Intrepid?

See https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/perl/+bug/303765
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/perl/+bug/303765>

I used the bug fix and made the changes to the _h2ph_pre.ph file. When I
ran autogen again, the 'Prototype mismatch' lines were not there
anymore, and the output looked a lot more like the 'troubleshooting'
guide.

Dan Scott wrote:
The scary output is mostly harmless, yes - but it's probably a bad idea
to be using Ubuntu Intrepid for anything other than a quick test server,
given that it's not a Long Term Support release of Ubuntu - and I
suspect most Evergreen developers stopped doing any testing or
development with Ubuntu Intrepid shortly after Ubuntu Karmic was
released.

We add entries in the Makefile.install files for short-term support
releases of Ubuntu to support testing & flushing out bugs early, but if
you're going to set up a production server, Debian 5 (Lenny) would
probably qualify the community recommended distribution version at this
point, based on the broadest base of adoption amongst Evergreen
libraries. Anything else is likely to be subject to corner cases due to
different versions of installed dependencies. (Of course, this is a gut
feel; it might make sense to add Linux distribution & version notes to
our list of Evergreen libraries to put some solid data behind that).

Dan:
Would you then suggest that I start again with the 'Lenny' version of
Ubuntu and re-install OpenSRF 1.2.2 and Evergreen 1.0.6?

James Wagner
Technical Services Co-ordinator
Lincoln Public Library
Vineland ON