[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] cataloging question

Jason Etheridge jason at esilibrary.com
Mon Oct 18 15:07:17 EDT 2010

> There is a way to do it, but it has been disabled for PINES libraries. Perhaps it is a setting
> you can change, if your library's needs are different.

For the Z39.50 interface, you can force an import if you have the
ALLOW_ALT_TCN permission.  Older versions of Evergreen didn't actually
seed this permission in their permission list, but an administrator
could create it manually and then grant it to specific permission
groups and it would work.

I'm not familiar enough with Vandelay (MARC Importer/Exporter) to know
how things work there, though I do know the match points for collision
should be configurable there.

--
Jason Etheridge
 | VP, Tactical Development