[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Automatic deletion of empty bib records

Clare Irwin cirwin at pelhamlibrary.on.ca
Fri Oct 22 13:57:09 EDT 2010

Hi All,

We recently went live on 1.6.1.2 as part of the Niagara Evergreen Consortium
and we're having difficulty with automatic deletion of empty bib records. We
have the system set in the Library Settings Editor to "True" for "Do not
automatically delete empty bib records", but the system is still deleting
empty bibs.

Also, we are recording the TCN for each bib before we deleted the last copy
and then retrieving the empty bib by the TCN and "undeleting" the bib, but
now that is not working either.  The undeleted bib will not show in the
staff client catalogue.

Normally, we would want the empty bibs to delete automatically, but until
all the libraries in the consortium have been migrated we need all the
original bibs to stay in the system even if they don't have copies attached.

Can anyone help us with this?

Thanks,

Clare Irwin
Cataloguing / Computer Technican