[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Evergreen as Media Resource Management Tool?

Tara Robertson information.detective at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 14:07:53 EDT 2011

Hi Michael,

I'm also at an art school, but I'm not familiar with Media Resource
management software. What is it used for? What kind of functionality is
necessary?

You mentioned "equipment reservation" so I'm guessing it's partially where
faculty or students can book a piece of equipment or a DVD for a specific
time in the future? Evergreen has a bookings module. I haven't used it in
production but I've played around with it and it looks like it'll meet our
needs for booking specific media items for screenings. Our AV department is
seperate from the library and has their own system. Once we're live on
Evergreen and things have settled down, I plan on chatting with them to see
if they can also use Evergreen to book and circulate AV equipment.

Exciting to see other art and design schools considering Evergreen!

Cheers,
Tara Robertson
Emily Carr University of Art + Design