[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] What now? Again.

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Sun Apr 17 14:53:51 EDT 2011

On Sun, Apr 17, 2011 at 02:24:13PM -0400, Jason Etheridge wrote:
> > The latest is that every time we check out we are getting the message
> > below.
> <snip>
> > The message looks correct in that the items look like they are getting
> > checked out but the natives are getting restless at the long delay
> > before it appears and having to click past it every time.  Any notion
> > why this 'error' message is there, what sort of things might trigger it
> > and how I might squash it?
> <snip>
> >        "ilsevent":"",
> >        "textcode":"SUCCESS",
> <snip>
>
> The staff client is expecting SUCCESS events to have a value of 0 in
> the "ilsevent" field.  I can reproduce this if I delete the entry for
> SUCCESS from /openils/var/data/ils_events.xml, though I doubt you've
> done any such thing.
>
> My guess is that it's related to localization/I18N, and Evergreen
> isn't finding a suitable entry for SUCCESS.

Sounds like a good guess:
http://svn.open-ils.org/trac/ILS/changeset/15772/branches/rel_1_6_0/Open-ILS/src/extras/ils_events.xml
is the pertinent change that fixed the reported problem a year ago. Not
sure whether that change made it into 1.6.0.8 but as 1.6.0.x isn't
supported I'm not inclined to spend any more time on it.