[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] What now? Again.

John Morris jmorris at beau.org
Sun Apr 17 23:29:05 EDT 2011

On Sun, 2011-04-17 at 14:53 -0400, Dan Scott wrote:

> Sounds like a good guess:
> http://svn.open-ils.org/trac/ILS/changeset/15772/branches/rel_1_6_0/Open-ILS/src/extras/ils_events.xml
> is the pertinent change that fixed the reported problem a year ago. Not
> sure whether that change made it into 1.6.0.8 but as 1.6.0.x isn't
> supported I'm not inclined to spend any more time on it.

My copy of ils_events.xml has this near the top:

<event code="0" textcode="SUCCESS">
                <desc xml:lang="en-US">Success</desc>

So does this mean I have the latest version?

Yes we know 1.6 is going away, we just stabilized on that for initial
deployment since as we were getting loaded up 2.x was not ready for
primetime yet.  I put the devel server into production to see what our
real world workload looked like to better size the production servers.
Those are on order but the devel server decided to go mad last week.
Sucker had 512 days of uptime, it showed up and was loaded and just sat
there and ran without a single reboot.

As soon as new hardware is delivered the plan is to start a migration to
2.0.x but I want a disposable load for the staff to beat on and find any
issues while this version keeps running so we can make this migration
less stressful.