[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Windows 7 and Epson TM-T88V thermal receiptprinter woes

Gordana Vitez gvitez at niagaracollege.ca
Fri Dec 16 10:10:37 EST 2011

Hi Tara,

We're using Windows 7 (32 bit) with TM-T88V and TM-T88IV receipt printers and we find that they work very well. We have 2 campus libraries and haven't had any problems printing.

We're on Evergreen 2.0.7.

Thanks!
Gordana

Gordana Vitez
Library Services & Systems Coordinator
NC Libraries and Learning Commons
Niagara College
300 Woodlawn Rd
Welland Ontario
L3C 7L3
Phone: (905) 735 2211 ext 7404
Fax: (905) 736 6021
gvitez at niagaracollege.ca

>>> Tara Robertson <information.detective at gmail.com> 12/15/2011 6:29 PM >>>
Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone is using Windows 7 with the Epson TM-T88V thermal receipt printers. We're using the Sitka's Evergreen staff client (2.0.5).

I've been working with our IT department to try and figure out why the receipt printers don't work. We've downloaded the print drivers from the Epson website. We're able to print a test from Windows. Sometimes we're able to print a test from Printer Settings Editor in Evergreen. We aren't able to print actual receipts, like a hold_slip or checkout.

Our IT department is looking for someone else who has this working, so they can check what settings are being used. They think it's an Evergreen problem, but I think there's something weird with how they've imaged the computers. This is the Windows error that we get:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Program:C:\Windows\system32\spoolsv.exe Error R6002 -Floating Point Support Not Loaded

Please let me know if this works for you. Also, please let me know if you're using the 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows 7.

Thanks!
Tara Robertson
Emily Carr University of Art + Design