[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] MassLNC development interests - bookbags

Jason Etheridge jason at esilibrary.com
Mon Feb 21 14:43:36 EST 2011

> Titles vanish from bookbags when weeded.  This is good when staff is doing a "theme" bookbag, but bad when a patron is keeping a "these are books I've read" list.  Make keeping the titles or not an option.  (maybe "grey out" the titles that are no longer available?)

This shouldn't be true.  The OPAC should be showing the record and
saying "This record has been deleted from the database.  We recommend
that you remove this title from any bookbags it may have been added
to."

In general, I'd love to see more ways for patrons to be able to
consume bookbags they share instead of simply produce them.  I'd
actually like to see this done for more than just "bookbags" and
things in a library's "collection".  The web is made of links. :-)

--
Jason Etheridge