[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Item "Recall" function?

Jason Etheridge jason at esilibrary.com
Wed Jun 15 12:56:55 EDT 2011

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 12:44 PM, Hardy, Elaine
<ehardy at georgialibraries.org> wrote:
> I have not tried this, but it is my understanding that a workaround is to
> place a copy level hold on the specific  item you want returned to the
> owning library. That should act as if it were a recall and bring the item
> back to the owning/circulating library that places the hold.

The downside here is that I don't believe copy-level holds take
precedence over other hold types.  However, you could use the Top of
Queue (cut-in-line) function on a given hold.  In 2.1, you can also
set up hold priority based on user profile.

I think notifying the person with the item is one of the big features
of recalls.  I totally missed that this was implemented in 2.1.  dbs++
et al

--
Jason Etheridge
 | VP, Tactical Development
 | phone:  1-877-OPEN-ILS (673-6457)
 | email:  jason at esilibrary.com
 | web:  http://www.esilibrary.com

Equinox is going to New Orleans! Please visit us at booth 550
at ALA Annual to learn more about Koha and Evergreen.