[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Permission Problems

Tim Spindler tjspindler at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 10:53:48 EDT 2011

I'm not sure if this is a bug or the way I have something set up but I'm
looking for Advice.  I have a situation where public library staff can
register patrons and the local admin can set up accounts for their library
fine. Howver, none of the network staff can create user accounts because the
org unit drop down will not populate the org units.  However, when logged in
as a public library staff member it all works fine.   But network staff
can't do anything.  We are on a test install of v.2.03.  First we have the
following permission group

   - Users
      - Patrons
      - Staff
         - Academics
         - Network
            - Network Administrator (has "Everything" permission and still
            cannot register a patron due to the org unit drop down)
            - Technical Services Staff
            - Support staff
         - Publics

The following are the specific permissions for each permission group

Staff

   - CHECKIN_BYPASS_HOLD_FULFILL
   - COPY_CHECKOUT
   - COPY_HOLDS
   - COPY_TRANSIT_RECEIVE
   - CREATE_BILL
   - CREATE_CONTAINER
   - CREATE_CONTAINER_ITEM
   - CREATE_COPY_NOTE
   - CREATE_COPY_TRANSIT
   - CREATE_HOLD_NOTIFICATION
   - CREATE_IN_HOUSE_USE
   - CREATE_NON_CAT_TYPE
   - CREATE_PAYMENT
   - CREATE_TRANSACTION
   - CREATE_TRANSIT
   - CREATE_USER
   - CREATE_VOLUME_NOTE
   - DELETE_CONTAINER
   - DELETE_USER
   - OFFLINE_UPLOAD
   - OFFLINE_VIEW
   - RENEW_CIRC
   - RENEW_HOLD_OVERRIDE
   - REQUEST_HOLDS
   - SET_CIRC_CLAIMS_RETURNED
   - SET_CIRC_LOST
   - SET_CIRC_MISSING
   - STAFF_LOGIN
   - UPDATE_BATCH_COPY
   - UPDATE_CONTAINER
   - UPDATE_NON_CAT_TYPE
   - UPDATE_ORG_SETTING
   - UPDATE_ORG_UNIT
   - UPDATE_USER
   - VIEW_BILLING_TYPE
   - VIEW_CIRCULATIONS
   - VIEW_CONTAINER
   - VIEW_COPY_CHECKOUT_HISTORY
   - VIEW_COPY_NOTES
   - VIEW_HOLD
   - VIEW_HOLD_NOTIFICATION
   - VIEW_HOLD_PERMIT
   - VIEW_ORG_SETTINGS
   - VIEW_PERMISSION
   - VIEW_PERMIT_CHECKOUT
   - VIEW_PERM_GROUPS
   - VIEW_TITLE_NOTES
   - VIEW_TRANSACTION
   - VIEW_USER
   - VIEW_USER_FINES_SUMMARY
   - VIEW_USER_TRANSACTIONS
   - VIEW_VOLUME_NOTES
   - VOLUME_HOLDS
   - group_application.user
   - group_application.user.patron
   - group_application.user.patron.publics

Public

No additional permissions at this level

Academic

   - group_application.user.patron.academics

Network

   -
   - group_application.user.patron.academics
   - group_application.user.staff
   - group_application.user.staff.academic
   - group_application.user.staff.admin.lib_manager
   - group_application.user.staff.admin.local_admin
   - group_application.user.staff.admin.mini
   - group_application.user.staff.ola
   - group_application.user.staff.public

--

Tim Spindler