[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Request for installation help

John H gadgetfan.john at googlemail.com
Sat May 7 10:28:06 EDT 2011

As a relative beginner to Linux (experienced in Windows) I'm trying to
install Evergreen on Ubuntu Lucid. After hours of work I seem to have
OpenSRF 2.0 working but I've really struggled with the DocuWiki (
http://open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=server:2.0:install)

The following has me particularly confused:

"As the opensrf user, create the database schema and configure your system
with the corresponding database authentication details for the database user
that you just created; on most systems, <hostname> will be localhost and
<port> will be 5432. The <admin-user> and <admin-pass> will specify the
Evergreen administrator account's username and password. This was changed
for security reasons, it was previously admin/open-ils.

"cd /home/opensrf/Evergreen-ILS-2.0.6
perl Open-ILS/src/support-scripts/eg_db_config.pl --update-config \
       --service all --create-schema --create-offline \
<port> \
       --database <dbname> --admin-user <admin-user> --admin-pass
<admin-pass>"

Does this mean that I can choose my own admin-user name and password? Since
this is just a test/experimentation installation, can I set these to the
same as the database user - that is, --user evergreen --password <my
password> --hostname localhost --port 5432 --admin-user evergreen
--admin-pass <my password>?

Even more importantly, what should <dbname> be? There seems to be no mention
of this elsewhere and I assume that it has to be the correct (prescribed)
name for the system to work.

Thanks in advance for any help.

--
John H, UK