[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Request for installation help

Sharp, Chris csharp at georgialibraries.org
Sat May 7 10:50:29 EDT 2011

Hi John,

> Does this mean that I can choose my own admin-user name and password?
> Since this is just a test/experimentation installation, can I set
> these to the same as the database user - that is, --user evergreen
> --password <my password> --hostname localhost --port 5432 --admin-user
> evergreen --admin-pass <my password>?

Yes - you're on the right track.  In previous Evergreen releases, the admin username was hard-coded to "admin" and the password was hard-coded to "open-ils".  This allows you to pick it.

> Even more importantly, what should <dbname> be? There seems to be no
> mention of this elsewhere and I assume that it has to be the correct
> (prescribed) name for the system to work.

This is typically "evergreen" in test installs, but I believe this is also something you can pick yourself.

--
Chris Sharp
PINES Program Manager
csharp at georgialibraries.org