[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Request for installation help

John H gadgetfan.john at googlemail.com
Sat May 7 11:59:17 EDT 2011

On 7 May 2011 15:50, Sharp, Chris <csharp at georgialibraries.org> wrote:

> Hi John,
> Yes - you're on the right track.  In previous Evergreen releases, the admin
> username was hard-coded to "admin" and the password was hard-coded to
> "open-ils".  This allows you to pick it.
>
> > Even more importantly, what should <dbname> be?

> This is typically "evergreen" in test installs, but I believe this is also
> something you can pick yourself.

Thanks, that was very helpful. I now have a "bare bones" installation up and
running. My problem now is finding instructions on how to populate the
database - that is, add libraries, borrowers and stock.

Searching under "populate database", "add a library" and "configure" doesn't
seem to show me anything useful and my staff client won't connect to my
server (although a web browser will), presumably because there are no
libraries defined to connect to. I'm assuming that Evergreen comes with a
skeleton structure with commonly used tables already defined. Can you give
me any pointers?

Best wishes

--
John H