[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] newbie evergreen server build

Ben Shum bshum at biblio.org
Wed Nov 23 08:48:09 EST 2011

Hi Bryan,

If you do pick Ubuntu as your server OS, then I just want to say upfront
that your best bet will be to use the LTS 10.04 version of Ubuntu.
That's the one most heavily used by different Evergreen sites that adopt
Ubuntu, ours included.  Other versions may work, but may require some
extra tweaking.  That said, Debian is still the distribution most often
suggested.

The downloads page (http://evergreen-ils.org/downloads.php) should give
you all the links you'll need to get yourself started.  I'd go with the
recommendation on that page to install the latest stable release series,
which is currently Evergreen 2.1.  Let us know how that goes for you
though, we'll try to help where we can.

Good luck as you begin your work!

-- Ben

On 11/23/2011 8:30 AM, Bryan.Low at aberdeenshire.gov.uk wrote:
> Hi,
> Am about to start an attempt at building an evergreen server in
> Aberdeenshire, and would welcome any recommendations/advice/feedback.
>
> I haven't settled on anything yet but was thinking about using Ubuntu
> server as a platform and picking my way throughthe online How-To install
> from the evergreen site, would be glad of any advice.
>
> With thanks,
>
> bryan
>
> Bryan A. Low
> Systems Support (Part Time)
> ALIS Headquarters
> 01651871225
> Normal Hours:
> Monday 9:00am - 1:00pm
> Tuesday 1:00pm - 5:00pm
> Wednesday 8:30am - 12:30pm&  1:00pm - 5:00pm
> Friday 8:30am - 12:30pm 1:30pm-5:00pm

> This e-mail may contain privileged information intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error, please accept our apologies and notify the sender, deleting the e-mail afterwards. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the e-mail's author and do not necessarily represent those of Aberdeenshire Council.
> www.aberdeenshire.gov.uk

Benjamin Shum
Open Source Software Coordinator
Bibliomation, Inc.