[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Seperate Servers for OPAC and ILS?

Wolf Halton wolf.halton at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 07:30:50 EST 2011

We have done multi-server set-ups both the 2 front-ends (running different
versions of Evergreen) pointing to the same database, and also breaking the
front-end opac on one server with the web server, one server for reporter
and a couple other services and a third running the database.  Evergreen is
modular enough to handle it.  Simple but not always easy.  The
troubleshooting issues are more complicated when you are running on more
than one front-end as in the latter example.

-Wolf Halton (LYRASIS)