[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Trying to do Overdues.

Ben Shum bshum at biblio.org
Tue Oct 25 16:36:27 EDT 2011

Hi Michelle,

In our consortium, we've implemented both email and print notices for
overdues (and other types of notices, pre-overdues, holds, etc.)

Depending on which version of Evergreen you're using at your library, I
think that may alter what method is best to use to implement notices.  I
believe in 1.6 and earlier, this was mostly accomplished using adapted
support scripts.  In 2.0 and later, there's a framework called
action/trigger (A/T) that controls much of the notification
infrastructure.  Our production system ended up being a mixture of the
two, where all our email notices come from A/T configuration, and all
our print notices come from the older legacy support scripts.

I'll see if I can dig up any documentation on how this is configured in
general.  Not sure, but this might be one of those wishlist areas that
the Documentation Interest Group is looking for people to contribute
written material for.

In case your technical support wish to poke around, we used parts of
this ESI example to guide us in our initial setup/exploration:
http://svn.open-ils.org/trac/ILS-Contrib/browser/ESI-Examples/trunk/notices

-- Ben

--
Benjamin Shum