[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Getting network failure errors when saving large MARC files (EG master, post 2.1)

Galen Charlton gmc at esilibrary.com
Fri Oct 28 11:56:17 EDT 2011

Hi Yamil,

On 10/19/2011 11:04 AM, Yamil Suarez wrote:
> I have been running some test servers based on different master
> snapshots for the last two months and I am getting a "Network Failure"
> errors whenever I try to save large MARC records. (See attached sample
> MARC record).
[snip]

We've tracked this down to a bug in OpenSRF 2.0.x [1].  I've observed
that this bug, while it can affect any installation intermittently,
seems to occur particularly often on VMWare guests.

Courtesy of Bill Erickson, a fix is available [2].  Yamil, could you try
applying it and restarting OpenSRF services?

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/opensrf/+bug/883155
[2]
http://git.evergreen-ils.org/?p=OpenSRF.git;a=commit;h=ab63faa85e349020774e0b3297a84370281d573f

Regards,