[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Evergreen on Ubuntu 11.04 + Comments on using Evergreen for only cataloging only?

Russell McOrmond Russell.McOrmond at canadiana.ca
Wed Sep 14 12:40:55 EDT 2011

On 11-09-14 11:42 AM, Anoop Atre wrote:
> Russel
> Any particular reason you are running 11.04 the recommendation is to use
> latest LTS (long term support) release for Ubuntu.

   This isn't on a production server yet, but on my desktop as we are
investigating our usage of Evergreen.  The message wasn't a complaint,
but a positive FYI in case anyone was curious whether Evergreen ran well
on a newer distribution.

 > You could of course
> downgrade the xulrunner to 1.9.2 and try if you are using the client on
> the server to test. Note that the windows staff client available on the
> downloads page comes bundled with the expected version of xulrunner.

   Both known and verified.  The note about xulrunner versions was also
a FYI in case anyone else runs into a similar question.

   In our office we have a mixture of Linux, Mac and Windows desktops,
so we will have people using it from Linux desktops.  I've tested both
the Linux and Windows staff clients, and will only investigate the Mac
if this becomes a requirement later.

--
System Administration and software developer,
Canadiana.org   http://www.canadiana.ca