[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Bug Tracking and Enhancment Requests

Aaron Zsembery azsembery at pls-net.org
Fri Sep 16 14:00:54 EDT 2011

On Friday, September 16, 2011 12:28:21 PM Galen Charlton wrote:
> [2] RT (http://bestpractical.com/rt/)
> I believe this is being used successfully by at least one other
> Evergreen consortium.
We use RT here at PLS.
I like it, it lets us setup permissions, add requestors to tickets, merge tickets, have automatic responses when something happens to a ticket, automatically BCC people when something happens to a ticket (ie: there are 4-5 people who get BCCed with any updates are made to a ticket in the Evergreen queue), mark tickets as dependent on other tickets, depended on by other tickets, mark tickets as parents or children of other tickets, etc.
We have it setup with our mail system, so when you send an email, it will automatically open a ticket for the sender in the correct queue.
Also (unlike some ticketing systems) when you reply via email from the ticket, the reply goes into the ticket. You can either reply to the requestor or you can add a comment (added to the ticket, but not sent to the requestor) via email.

Downsides: The web UI on our version is clunky (but the libraries never use it, they just use email to interact with RT), and our antiquated version needs some tweaks to the config files from time to time.
See: http://issues.bestpractical.com/Dashboards/1408/RT?user=guest;pass=guest for the interface of a current version.

Aaron Z
Jr. Systems Administrator

Pioneer Library System