[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Possible Password Stealing Virus on Google's Chrome Website?

Gary Bay Gary.Bay at buncombecounty.org
Fri Sep 30 12:21:29 EDT 2011

Hello Everyone,

I am new to the Evergreen Community, our system went live on Sept 1st of this year.

I was setting up a public use windows XP laptop for access to our Evergreen Opac server (http:<system_name>.nccardinal.org) and was installing the Google Chrome Add-In for IE8 when our Enterprise AV (Msft ForeFront) alerted to and removed a password stealing bot  (PWS:Win32/ZBot).

It is affecting numerous opacs in our system.

Has anyone else seen this?

Regards,

Gary W. Bay
Buncombe County IT