[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Library Settings

Maggie Buckholz maggieb at ci.burlington.wa.us
Fri Sep 30 13:35:03 EDT 2011

Hi Tim

In our small consortium of three libraries, we have set various password
levels.  Circulation staff have one password limited to circulation
transactions and changing shelving locations.  Catalogers can edit bib
records.  And we set up three branch-level administrative passwords
which can change anything.  The Admin password is limited to three
people (one for each library) who understand the system policies and
will assure compliance.  If something needs changed, like reshelving
period, then that change needs to go through the branch administrator.
Limiting access by password seems to work for us.  I hope this helps!

Maggie Buckholz

Library Director

Burlington Public Library

820 E Washington Avenue