[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Restore overdues and void billing not working consistently

George Tuttle gtuttle at prlib.org
Wed Apr 25 14:31:04 EDT 2012

We have noticed that "Restore overdues on lost item return"  and "Void lost
item billing when returned" do not work consistently. Though both are set as
True (see screenshot), it only works when the lost item is returned to the
"Circulation Library."

If it is returned to any other library in our consortium, it will work as if
both are set as False, instead of True. See below.  Both "Mona Lisa Smile"
and "The Silence of the Lambs" have an item billing price of $21.00,
processing fee of $5.00, and an overdue balance of $5.00.  "Mona Lisa
Smile," checked-in at PIED-NIC and then PIED-WIN, did not restore the
overdues or void the item billing, but "The Silence of the Lambs" checked-in
at Circulation Library PIED-WIN, only, did.

Why the inconsistent behavior?  We are on Evergreen 2.1.

I think I understand what is happening, but I need an official explanation.

Thanks

George Tuttle

Computer Services Librarian

Piedmont Regional Library System