[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] TPAC question: getting "ebooks" as an option in formats

Soulliere, Robert robert.soulliere at mohawkcollege.ca
Fri Aug 3 13:37:29 EDT 2012

Hi All,

OK, it looks like the consensus is "don't mangle the marc records."

However, I am still unsure about how to get ebooks as a unique format option in the format drop-down in the TPAC simple search.  Is that possible at this time -- without mangling the marc records?

My understanding is that formats are added and removed via the MARC Code Value Map editor which seem to map things based on matching the letter with a leader character?  Is that the case or does that look in several fields? E.g. I just have to find the right cataloging combination for our ebook records?

Thanks,
Robert

Robert Soulliere, BA (Hons), MLIS
Systems Librarian