[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] holds not picking up

Ben Shum bshum at biblio.org
Wed Aug 8 07:38:24 EDT 2012

Oops, hit send too fast.  The reason I suggest using the check-in
modifier for retargeting holds is that it bypasses the previous check
time I mention and resets holds associated with the material so that the
check occurs immediately, often resulting in a hold being triggered.
This does have the added effect of slowing down the check-in event
(since you take more time to process all the holds, etc.) but one would
only be using the option during the cataloging of brand new items.

-- Ben

--
Benjamin Shum
Open Source Software Coordinator