[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Series indexing and facet implications

Elizabeth Longwell blongwel at eou.edu
Thu Feb 2 09:39:14 EST 2012

Fellow Evergreeners,

Series facets are showing the entire series entry (title and volume),
which is not as useful for patrons who would like to limit their
search to a particular series rather than a specific volume of the
series. I thought I could use the facet xpath to narrow it down to the
series title only, but discovered that the series is being indexed
using the mods32 related item/type-series/titleinfo which does not
break apart the title and volume info. I'm wondering if anyone has
corrected this in their system and has any advice. I'm trying to
decide whether to change the current indexing or just create a second
index that targets a specific marc tag/subfield combo to grab the
series title only.

I would be grateful for any advice/help. Thanks,

Beth

Beth Longwell
System Manager
Sage Library System of Oregon