[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Cataloging Audio Visual equipment

Tara Robertson information.detective at gmail.com
Mon May 14 11:33:50 EDT 2012

Hi Trisha,

You can create a MARC record for just about anything. We added one really
basic one for a bike pump that we sign out (we are by the bike racks at our
school).

If all the AV stuff lives together, I'd create a shelving location for
them, so you can filter on that or do a search on that shelving location.

As for type--I'm not sure. I would guess either z - unspecified (
http://www.loc.gov/marc/bibliographic/bd007.html). For the bike pump record
I just left that blank.

Hope that helps,
Tara