[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] TPAC selfcheck login with barcode

Erik Stevens technology at haineslibrary.org
Tue Nov 13 15:44:33 EST 2012

Hi All,

We just upgraded to 2.3 and love the TPAC.

One thing I am trying to customize/change is that the TPAC selfcheck
interface allows patrons to log in using either a barcode or username. The
problem is that it will not accept a barcode from a patron who has changed
their username. For example, my username is erik. If I scan my barcode the
login fails. If I type erik to login, it works.

We would rather have our patrons scan their cards everytime (as it was in
the old JSPAC selfcheck interface).

Can someone point me in the direction of the best way to change this to
only accept patron barcodes? I'm not yet familiar with how TPAC is querying
the actor database, or whether it can easily check the barcode in this step
of login.

This seems like an option that other libraries might appreciate as well?
Patrons should at least be able to scan their cards even if they have
changed their username.

Many Thanks,

--
Erik Stevens