[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Circulation Statistics

Chauncey Montgomery montgoc1 at oplin.org
Tue Sep 11 09:33:37 EDT 2012

Greetings Evergreen Community:

Earlier this year, we migrated from TLC Library.Solution 3.3.5 to
Evergreen 2.1.  The migration took place in March. Since then,
circulation counts have dropped by approximately 2,500 per month.
Originally, I thought my reports in Evergreen weren't counting
everything.  However, I have run multiple reports and always get the
same numbers. I am fairly certain that our circulation hasn't truly
dropped; all other areas of library use are consistent with previous
activity, and the drop in circulation occurs at the point of migration.
  So, I am beginning to suspect that perhaps TLC counted things
differently than Evergreen.

I am curious, are there any other libraries that had migrated from TLC
to Evergreen and saw the same thing happen in circulation? If so, do you
know what TLC counted that Evergreen doesn't count? Also, I have
confirmed that I am counting all circulations and renewals in my
Evergreen reports.

No big deal, but I'd like to be able to explain this a little more
clearly to my board.

Thanks for the input.

Chauncey

Chauncey G. Montgomery, MLIS