[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] authority control vendors

Julie Lespinasse jdlespinasse at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 24 11:27:29 EDT 2012

Hi all,

We're getting ready to move to Evergreen, but are currently using another ILS.  We were wondering what authority control vendors people are using, and if you're satisfied with them.  We've been using LTI, but they recently stated that we might not be that happy using them with "open source"  (their quotes, not mine).  So I'm wondering if we'd have problems getting our authority files to come over, and once we do come over, if we'd have problems updating them.

Has anyone completely given up on authority control?

If not, please tell me what vendor you use and if you're satisfied with them.

Thanks,

Julie