[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Question regarding Evergreen and transit between libraries

Deana Cunningham deana.cunningham at granvillecounty.org
Fri Apr 12 13:28:57 EDT 2013

Hi,

We are a county library system that is in the process of moving to Evergreen. Our current ILS does not deal appropriately with transits between smaller branches, and I am wondering if Evergreen will do any better.

We have a situation where all items between branches have to go through the main library first. That means that it takes two weeks if it is moving between the smaller branches - one week to the main branch, where it sits until the next week's deliveries. However, items from the Main Branch only take one week to reach their destination, and items from the smaller branches moving to the Main Branch only take one week.

Does anyone deal with a similar situation? Can anyone tell me if Evergreen can handle multiple transit times appropriately?

Thanks,

Deana Cunningham
Branch Manager, South Branch Library
1550 S. Campus Dr.