[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Question regarding Evergreen and transit between libraries

Aaron Zsembery azsembery at pls-net.org
Fri Apr 12 14:02:55 EDT 2013

On April 12, 2013 at 1:28:57 PM "Deana Cunningham" <deana.cunningham at granvillecounty.org> wrote:
> Does anyone deal with a similar situation? Can anyone tell me if
> Evergreen can handle multiple transit times appropriately?
In Evergreen, you scan the item to put it into "In transit" status at the sending library and then it gets scanned again at the destination library when it arrives to let the system know that it is no longer "In Transit" and the patron can be notified that their hold is available for pickup.
Evergreen doesn't care if 3 minutes, 3 weeks or 3 years pass between when the item is put "In Transit" and when it comes back out.
See http://docs.evergreen-ils.org/2.1/html/transititems.html for a little more info about how transits are handled.

Aaron Z
Jr. Systems Administrator

Pioneer Library System