[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Question regarding Evergreen and transit between libraries

Rene Belling bellingr at santacruzpl.org
Fri Apr 12 14:31:20 EDT 2013

We are a City/County Library System that has a total of 10 branches
scattered across the county.  Evergreen sends the item checked in straight
to each branch whether it is to fill a request, or to return the item to
the owning branch.

As Aaron answered, Evergreen doesn't care how long it takes once the item
is in transit.  However, unless you have delivery from each branch to each
branch bypassing your main library, everything will still take two weeks to
be delivered.

I'm not sure if your question is implying that your current ILS has to have
everything routed in and then back out from your main library, or if it is
because of your delivery schedule.

Here when we check in an item, it is immediately in transit to the owning
branch.  However, all our items also go through the main library before
going out to the branches, but that is because we only have one area at the
main library that sorts though all the route ins/outs and puts them in the
correct crates to be delivered to each branch.  However, we have morning
and afternoon delivery each day, so it only takes between two to three days
to get from one branch to another.

Does this help?

--
Rene' Belling