[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] How do you package books for shipping?

Jason Stephenson jstephenson at mvlc.org
Sat Aug 3 08:30:21 EDT 2013

On 08/02/2013 12:05 PM, Green, David wrote:
> What are consortia using to package books for shipping? Please share
> your experiences with packaging shipments. We would greatly appreciate it.

In Massachusetts, we don't. We ship the books naked. If they have a
barcode on the outside, they don't even need a slip to indicate where
they are going. The shipping company will use SIP to look up the book's
destination.

DVDs and CDs are shipped the same, with no protective wrapping.

It seems to work rather well.

--
Jason Stephenson
Assistant Director for Technology Services